Public Holidays In Cyprus
See below the public holidays observed in Cyprus for the year 2018. During these days most of the public services are closed. However many other businesses may be open such as kiosks, supermarkets, bakeries, currency exchanges, restaurants etc.
- All Sundays in Cyprus are public holidays.
- Every Saturday is a holiday for Bank Transactions/shops are open but not offices.
- Monday the 1st of January -New Year`s Day everything is closed.
- Saturday the 6th of January is the Epiphany Day everything is closed
- Monday the 19th of February is Cyprus Green Monday and everything is closed except supermarkets.
- Sunday the 25th of March is the Independence Day for Greece and everything is closed.
- Sunday the 1st of April is the National Day of Cyprus everything is closed.
- Friday the 6th of April is the Good Friday for Greek Orthodox. The offices are closed but all the shops are open.
- Monday the 9th of April is Easter Monday for Greek Orthodox and everything is closed.
- Tuesday the 10th April is the Greek Orthodox Easter Tuesday. Offices are closed but supermarkets are open.
- Tuesday the 1st of May is the Labor Day in Cyprus offices are closed. Some supermarkets may open.
- Monday the 28th of May is the Pentecost day.
- Wednesday the 15th of August is a great holiday of Assumption Day. Offices are closed. Some suprermarkets may open.
- Monday the 1st of October is Independence Day of Cyprus. Offices are closed. Some supermarkets may open.
- Sunday the 28th of October is the Greek National Day of OXI. Offices are closed. Some supermarkets may open.
- The 25th of December is the Christmas Day for the Orthodox. Everything is closed.
- The 26th of December is the Boxing Day of Cyprus. Offices and shops closed.